Each rest area should have a sign indicating how long a visitor can stay at the facility. This applies to passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Rest areas are different from park and ride lots; however, NRS 408.275 allows for parking up to a maximum of 18 hours in a two-week period.
ROADSIDE PARKS AND SAFETY REST AREAS
[Dep’t of Transportation, Roadside Parks and Safety Areas Reg. No. 1, eff. 5-7-80]
NAC 408.600 Control of animals. (NRS 408.215, 408.275) When not confined in a vehicle, all animals in a roadside park or safety rest area must be on a leash, halter or other appropriate restraining device and confined to an area designated for animals.
[Dep’t of Transportation, Roadside Parks and Safety Areas Reg. No. 8, eff. 5-7-80]
[Dep’t of Transportation, Roadside Parks and Safety Areas Reg. No. 3, eff. 5-7-80]
1. Littering is not permitted in a roadside park or safety rest area. Trash or garbage must be deposited in containers provided by the Department of Transportation. The disposal of waste in these containers is restricted to trash and garbage which is accumulated by persons while the persons are traveling in vehicles or bicycling. The disposal of garbage or trash from other sources is prohibited.
2. No wastewater may be disposed of in any portion of a roadside park or safety rest area except in an area designated for such a disposal.
3. A sewer hose must be used when dumping any holding tank.
4. Commercial vehicles must not dump waste in disposal areas.
[Dep’t of Transportation, Roadside Parks and Safety Areas Reg. No. 7, eff. 5-7-80] — (NAC A by R135-98, 10-3-2000)
1. The parking of commercial vehicles for commercial reasons, such as unloading or changing cargo. Vehicles may be parked only in areas designated for parking.
2. Exhibiting or using any firearm or other weapon.
3. Loitering within or around any toilet facility.
5. Any use of the electricity in a restroom to operate an appliance which is used in a home.
6. Except in the case of emergency repairs to a towing vehicle, the detaching of a trailer from the towing vehicle.
[Dep’t of Transportation, Roadside Parks and Safety Areas Reg. Nos. 2, 4-6, 9 & 10, eff. 5-7-80]
Nevada DOT. Safe and Connected.